CPEC Physiotherapist: Key Selection Criteria
KSC1: Accreditation and Licensing Requirements:
• Recognised Degree in Physiotherapy and registered with APHRA.
• Current Working with Children check.
• Current driver’s license and own car
• Fully COVID Vaccinated
KSC2: Good observational skills and ability to analyze movement.
KSC3: Understanding of typical development and some knowledge of atypical development in motor disabilities.
KSC4: Well developed verbal and interpersonal skills in English, including:
• an ability to communicate, build rapport and work collaboratively with children and their parents/carers • an ability to actively listen
• an ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and agencies in the delivery of family-centered services.
KSC5: Well developed written skills in English - including record keeping.
KSC6: Ability to effectively manage a caseload and manage own time.
KSC7: Ability to work effectively in community settings. eg, kindergartens, daycare, schools and family.
KSC8: Understanding of strengths based practice.
KSC9: An interest in ongoing self-development including:
• an attitude of openness towards learning
• an ability to critically assess own performance
• engagement in ongoing professional development
• openness to accept feedback and to take on board constructive feedback